4th of July Festivities
May the 4th with you! I can’t believe it’s already July 4th, 2019! This Summer and year have flown by super-fast and now the festivities will commence! What are your plans for 4th of July, will you be traveling? I’ve been dreaming of a tropical getaway on the shores of Mexico! But…I’m here, just kidding I will be with my family which makes me very happy and I’m not going to be working! Hooray! We will be hanging out by the pool soaking up some sun and having a barbecue! I know the typical BBQ food is hamburgers and hotdogs which we will be making bratwurst, burgers, and ribs! I will also be making my famous Red White and Blue Warm Salad. It’s a salad that has a little bit of a twist. I make my own dressing that is a warm Olive Oil and Honey Mix on top of a bed of goodness! If you love Arugula like I do, this will be a hit for you! This salad tricks you into thinking you’re indulging but you’re actually eating pretty healthy – depending on the protein you decide to top it with (I prefer grilled salmon or chicken). This recipe also only takes 5 minutes to make (without the protein). Would love for you all to try this and let me know how it is!
½ Bag of Spinach
½ Bag of Arugula
Or you can buy the pack of arugula + spinach mix
½ Cup of Pecans
Organic Honey (or non-organic whichever you’d like)
Salt and Pepper
Zoe’s Kitchen “Spice of Life”
1. Mix the spinach and arugula
2. Cook your protein on the side
3. Slice your cherry tomatoes in half
4. Throw in the blueberries, tomatoes, pecans, and crumble feta cheese on top
1. Make the dressing by eyeing the amount of olive oil, and pour it into a mixer cup
2. Squeeze ½ of the lemon juice into the olive oil
3. Add salt and pepper
4. And Zoe’s Kitchen Spice of Life and mix well
5. In a separate ramekin or microwavable safe bowl microwave 3 tables spoons of honey for 15 seconds
6. Add into olive oil mixture and mix it and place it in a dressing bowl
7. Add dressing on top once salad is served, the honey dressing melts some of the spinach!
Hope you enjoy your 4th!
And there you have it a warm Red White and Blue Salad! So good for winter too! I love making this easy salad for sides and for barbecues and cookouts! I hope you try it and enjoy your 4th of July! Again, may the fourth be with you! Celebrate safely and enjoy your time with family and friends!