Do you have a skincare routine or regime?
I think every woman and man should! Our skin is the largest cell in our body and it will be with us for the rest of our lives so, I think we owe it to ourselves to protect and take care of our skin.
I have a daily morning and nightly skincare ritual or routine as you may. I really love organic, vegan, or natural products. I try to stay away from the heavier products that have those ridiculous long ingredient lists. I’ve also link some products below that I’m loving and using right now.
I think everyone should dedicate 10-15 minutes before bed to really take time to yourself and take care of your skin. My morning routine isn’t as strict and time consuming, but my nightly routine is definitely the recovery time and nourishment intake time for my skin.
I’ve listed some products that you can get locally in Charleston and also you can order online as well as some tips to the general public who may or may not know the skin etiquette to keeping a youthful look as you age, these are also preventative measures so you don’t have to go through needles or surgery for your skin to look and feel beautiful.
Regenerating Skin cell Tips:
- Invest in a good exfoliant, you don’t have to exfoliate everyday.
- There are 3 types of ways to exfoliate make sure you’re only doing 1 a day and 2x out of the week. There is the chemical exfoliant (retinol serums, there is the mechanical; dermaplaning/microneedling etc.., and then there is the physical; using a exfoliant with beads and scrubs.
- Only use one a day, so if you are exfoliating using a electronic cleansing brush you do not need to use a exfoliant scrub or retinol serum/cream. Exfoliating too much can cause thinning of the skin and more breakouts.
daily skincare routine
Use a facial cleanser that has glycolic acid in it to help brighten skin and take off the dead skin such as Pixi Beauty which is more affordable and is a drugstore brand compared to the one I listed which is Bioxygene line of Guinot’s Skin Care Line. Pixi Beauty is affordable, vegan, natural, cruelty free, and paraben free. The ingredients are super amazing for a drugstore buy. I like the Bioxygene because it helps to stimulate oxygenated cells for a better glow.
- Eye Rollers are my favorite trick to looking awake for meetings! This is a lifesaver as they’re small and easy to carry with you. I am currently using the one linked below from Me Time Botanicals which is super gentle on my skin since it’s made out of all natural and organic ingredients. That way I don’t have to worry about any chemicals getting into my eyes. This Eye roller feels amazing in the fridge or not, it is still cooling in the morning after I’ve washed my face and the coffee ingredients helps to stimulate my senses and eyes for a more awake look and feel.
- Moisturize with a spf! This is key! Sunlight is everywhere even during overcast there are UV rays and UVA rays as well! So always protect your skin from sunspots in the future! I’m bad at this because I always forget, but if you have a great moisturizer that has SPF built in that is great! Use it!
- Tone, always use toner to even out your skin and to balance it and neutralize all of the products you’ve used to make your skin look put together and have a dewy glow if you’re not wearing heavy makeup.
- I use the tinted moisturizer because honestly I do not have time to put makeup on daily, and sometimes I don’t even wear the tinted moisturizer. If I have meetings and I need to look somewhat put together and like I tried and like I have time then I wear this. It’s so light and airy and really does brighten and accentuate your natural skin tone. It’s pretty crazy but the Guinot tinted moisturizer looks like a full coverage foundation when in reality it is the lightest tinted moisturizer I’ve ever used.
- **If I’ve showered in the morning and I only exfoliate my body 1 every two weeks and my face 1/week. I will use a microexfolient scrub for my face in the shower, if not I will either use my electronic face brush in the morning. If I haven’t done either of those at night I will use my retinol serum. Only choose 1 method of exfoliation 1-2x a week per day.
- This is a bit extravagant, but I believe a blue light day and night cream works wonders for people who work on their phones and laptops like me! I feel like it helps with the color in my skin as well as fatigue. I’ve linked it here in my amazon shop for you all, this one is more affordable than most so get it while you can! This is the new skin technology that skincare is heading towards.
And you’re off to do boss things and be a glow-getter!
Highlights:*Light weight yet deeply moisturizing serum and facial oil in one to immediately deliver a dewy and brightened complextion*Helps to eliminate undereye puffiness and inflammation while brightening dark circles.*Softens the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles*Fights free radicals with antioxidant rich oils and our in-house coffee extraction*Strengthens skin barrier, restores
I really love the Bioxygene line that Guinot carries because it’s more gentle on your skin and it helps with everyday pollutants. It protects the skin from the environment and is paraben free and cruelty free! Win-win in my book! You can order online or in store!
This morning perk roller is literally the morning perk from Me Time Botanicals it has coffee ingredients in it to help stimulate the skin cells and help with circulation of blood flow! I really love rolling this cooling roller on my eye to help wake me up in the mornings!
After my first facial at Guinot Carolinas located in N. Mount Pleasant, SC from Tess the aesthetician I had a dinner planned I didn’t want to put any makeup on after my refreshing and cleansing facial. I wanted my skin to breathe without heavy makeup on or anything on my face, so I tried the tinted moisturizer. I am never going back to any other ones! This is so light, super breathable, really enhances and evens out your skin tone!
Nightly skincare Routine
1. Use a calming face wash, don’t use a face wash that has heavy fragrance because that will wake you up instead of get you ready for sleep and relaxation that is why I use the CBD Balancing wash with a lavender scent from Lab To Beauty. The CBD effects really helps to relax every muscle in my face and body.
2. Use an eye cream, sometimes I use an eye mask as well if I had an extra long day or to keep me awake for a bit for my work before bed. The Longue Vie Eye cream literally locks in so much vitamins and moisture and the Longue Vie Eye Mask is creamy and thick and is perfect to put on before you’re about to wash your face, while you’re brushing your teeth. Then rinse it off with your facial cleanser. Then dab the eye cream under your eye and in the creases of your eyelids.
3. What is your goal for your skin the next day? Target certain aspects of your skin goals. For example are you trying to lift, brighten, or tighten your skin for the next day? Mine is either moisturizing or brightening so I always use a cream moisturizer before bed and a Vitamin C serum. The Vitamin C serum helps to smooth, hydrate, and brighten the skin for the morning glow. For the I woke up like this look. Sometimes I use the Retinol Cream/Serum when I’m trying to tighten my skin and renew the dead skin cells for a more youthful look.
4. I also use a night bluelight shielding moisturizer for these late nights when I’m working late finishing up a blog or working on details for an upcoming event or sponsorship. The work never stops for this mama so I need all the selfcare I can get in these short 10-15 minutes of reviving my skin.
5. Lastly, I always spray my toner – I have different toners for different things. You can look on the ingredients and figure out chamomile and lavender toner will be calming and relaxing before bed and a different toner that is citrusy will be great for the morning.
6. Mask Tip** if you shower at night after an afternoon workout put your mask on while you’re brushing your teeth and warming up your shower that way the steam helps to really penetrate your skin and soak in all the good skin juice. Wash it off while you’re in the shower after your shampoo your hair or you can leave it in longer and wash it off at the end of your shower!
Now, that I’m done … I’m going to let you soak that all in and try to catch some Zz’s.
Highlights:*Multi-functioning formula that lifts away dirt, melts makeup, & draws out pollutants while plumping, moisturizing, & softening skin*Removes all makeup, even mascara and long wear formulas*Doubles as an sleeping mask/nightly moisturizer to promote a glowy, moisturized complexion*Softens fine lines & wrinkles and promotes a healthy skin barrier plus encourages cellular rejuvenation*Plumps skin by locking in moisture & preventing TEWL (trans-epidermal water loss)*Formulated for all skin types and perfect for sensitive, dry, mature skin- 56g / 1.9ozEver wish you could just have a clean slate?
Lab to Beauty is a super gentle CBD brand that I’m totally loving right now. There is no THC and it uses purely sourced CBD oil. This face as is super calming and if you’re local can be found at Gwynns of Charleston or at Barneys. You can also but it online at the link above. I use this mostly nightly to calm my skin and to rejuvenate and relax my face before bed. Another cool product I use before bed is their big CBD chapstick which is so cool! It has a mint fragrance and is 15mg of CBD for deeper relaxation for bed time! @labtobeauty
Guinot Skincare has a royal seal which means that The Royal Family has shopped there and gotten treatments at the medspa in Windsor! How cool is that? It’s also know as the royal seal of approval! I love all of their lines and I really love how The Longue Vie Eye Cream is both moisturizing and brightening. The Longue Vie makes my eyes feel super rested and bright. I apply a little dab around both my eyes before bed and wake up feeling awake (even if I’ve only gotten 4 hours of sleep.) @guinotcarolinas
The Clean Slate 3-in-1 Balm Makeup remover, cleanser, and sleeping mask from Me Time Botanicals is like magic in a jar! I love that Kara the owner vows to give everyone a skin ritual to help with self-care! This balm is so creamy and the texture is so soft and thin at the same time! I love that the ingredients are all natural and it makes my face feel like silk! I’ve been using this as a sleeping mask and it definitely has shown a difference in the glow in my face! If you love clean beauty and love feeling pampered this should definitely be in your nightly routine. @metimebotanicals
1. Toners are your best friend, used it for day and night!
2. I have 4 toners, 1 in my gym bag because post workout your moisturizer has melted off and your skin thinks that you need to produce more oils and thats how breakouts happen.
3. If you’re breaking out, STILL use moisturizer and toner to neutralize your skin to a balance! I highly recommend using a toner with a probiotic in it!
Highlights: Deeply hydrate, plump, rejuvenate, & moisturize with a blend of organic neroli, white rose, & frankincense distillates that encourages cellular repair, restores and improves skin. Anti-inflammatory and astringent properties soothes, cools, nourishes, & tones Jasmine, coconut, and hibiscus extracts moisturize, promote cell turnover, boost skin elasticity, & strengthen skin barrier.
With warmer weather here to stay for a while, it's important to keep your beauty locked down and sweat-proof all day long. Whether you're a busy mom running errands, laying out by the pool or trying to survive the workday without the extra shine, these five sweat-proof products will be your saving grace.